Sunday, May 4, 2014

Quick Solitaire for Browsers

Welcome to my Quick Solitaire blog. I plan to use this blog to report on new features and updates for Quick Solitaire and to receive feedback from you.

Quick Solitaire is a port of my Quick Solitaire for Windows to run in a browser such as IE, Chrome and Firefox. I truly believe that web apps are the future of software and so I am directing all of my efforts towards that goal.

Quick Solitaire is my first attempt at building a web application that runs on any and all devices that support a modern web browser (HTML 5). This includes desktop computers, smart phones and tablets. It is the result of about six months of effort to convert the original Pascal source to Dart which then compiles to JavaScript.

I am pleasantly surprised by the results. The JavaScript runs just as fast as the native windows application and the graphics are almost as good. I'm still tweaking that. 

In the meantime you can enjoy the current implementation by clicking here.

I'm making improvements all the time so check back often or, better yet, bookmark the link and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment