Sunday, May 11, 2014

Language Neutrality

My goal for Quick Solitaire (and all of my software products) is to be language neutral. By that I mean little, if any, language specific interaction and certainly no "documentation". In general if my software can't be used or played out-of-the-box without "documentation" then I'm not doing my job. I need to do better.

In pursuit of that goal I have recently released an update that renders empty card piles with graphic indications of their use. For example all empty foundations display an "A" meaning that the pile accepts any Ace as the starting card and builds up from there (A, 2, 3, ...). An empty tableau pile displays a "K" to indicate that it can only be filled with a King. Waste piles display a recycle symbol to indicate that cards placed on them can be used again later. You get the idea.

Any suggestions you may have for improving the user interface are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment